Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Has It Really Been 20 Years?

I can't believe it has been 20 years since we said "I do." We were two teenagers ready to face the world--no fears, best friends, happy! Less than 2 years after we married, we moved 13 hours away from everything and everyone we knew to Tulsa, OK. That's a LONG way from Mississippi !! I remember watching the tape of our wedding....not for some romantic, nostalgic moment...but to see faces of people we knew in the sanctuary!! It's also the best thing that could have ever happened to our marriage. We grew so much during that time together. I can't help but smile when I remember the time we got into an argument and started laughing when we realized there was no place to go to be alone and mad in our tiny one bedroom apartment.

We've lived in a lot of places since that tiny one bedroom apartment--close to family & far away. Like every other couple out there, we've definitely had our ups and downs. The difference is we persevered through tough times. A very wise lady at our rehearsal dinner said no one would invoke the emotions that our spouse would...no one makes you happier, sadder, more mad, more excited, and more fulfilled. 20 years later I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt she was right....thanks Mrs. Bond!

For those who are struggling in their marriage, fight for it. Don't give up! I can honestly say that this has been the happiest year of our marriage.

Thanks, David, for the wonderful gifts of our children we enjoy so very much. I can't wait to see what the next 20 years hold!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was something I needed to read tonight, THANK YOU.

Happy Anniversary to both of You!

mrsrubly said...

i really needed to your encouraging post tonight! fight for it i will! thank you so much!

Recent Visitors