Mckmama's blog (http://www.mycharmingkids.net/) has been one of my favorite ones to read...in fact, that's how I got hooked into the blog world. Her recent post on government and politics really got me thinking. While I VERY much disagree with some of her beliefs, I left the post with a renewed spirit. Here's why.....
The power of the government has not come from the media, liberal thinkers, etc. The church has given the government its power. If we as Christians were caring for the poor, hungry, widows, sick, etc. why would we need government programs? Instead we (note this includes me)...we get caught up in our daily lives, enjoying the luxuries we work for, running kids from place to place, and occasionally getting on our soapbox on the big issues of the day (abortion, gay marriage, government spending, etc.) Shouldn't we stop to show love to those caught in sin or struggling with decisions? I'm so glad Jesus met me where I was and didn't ask me to clean up my life before I could have a relationship with him. Do I show the same love to others? Certainly not consistently.
Bottom line for changing the government if Christians stepping up.....
2Chronicles 7:14
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land -- God.
3 hours ago

1 comment:
I love reading Mckmama, too, but I also disagree with her on many issues. Just proof that we can disagree and still have other things in common and get along!
Thanks for stopping by our party on Kelly's tour
Post a Comment